Wednesday, February 24, 2021

I Survived Modern Dentistry

 So far so good!  I now have my temporary crowns and I genuinely DID NOT FEEL A THING.

Folks, I was geeking out.  I was so scared to have this done, because who enjoys the dentist anyway, right? Plus I am the official Worlds' Biggest Coward when it comes to pain, anything remotely medical, and Republicans.  I am pleased and relieved to say that I sat completely at my ease, watching HGTV while unspeakable things were done to my teeth and I had not a care in the world.  Honestly, it was like a spa day.  I NEVER thought I'd be saying that about a trip to the dentist!

In case I have any local lurkers, the place is called Everson Family Dentistry.  Jodi was my saintly hygenist, and Dr. whatever his name was was quick, friendly, efficient and did not have fingers like sausages.  If I'm going to have something in my mouth...well, there's a time and a place for everything, let's say.  This guy had little thin fingers like a pianist, and it was nice for a change, because most dentists have fingers like kielbasas, or professional bowlers. Or bananas.  I was awake, I was able to drive myself home, and there will be no YouTube videos of me slurring stupid shit in the aftermath of being drugged (sadly.  I know you were all looking forward to that.)

I'm home now, the novacaine is wearing off, I've take a few aspirin and a couple of Valium and I'm doing just great.  I won't be operating heavy machinery, deciding the fate of nations, or signing any legal documents, but I didn't have that planned for today anyway.  I'll decide the fate of nations tomorrow, as normally scheduled.  Expect a regime change coming to your neighborhood soon!

   

3 comments:

  1. congrats! I hate pain of any kind. tomorrow, go kick some major ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo. Go! You. I was a dental nurse in a much older world. Not so good in the chair!Like most folk, not a fan of painful procedures. Pleased you're all set to right the world again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap! I "enjoyed" a visit to the dentist's yesterday for a replacement filling (after the old one cracked). Like yours, it was pain-free and VERY relaxing (I almost fell asleep at one point) except for an unfortunate gagging incident caused by the ham-fistedness of of the dental nurse with the suction tube thingy...
    Anyway, I'm glad yours went so well, and I'm looking forward to your regime changes making all the difference in our nation. I assume you will be deciding the fate of overseas nations, too?

    ReplyDelete