Sunday, March 12, 2023

Forensic Jelly Tornado Eleven !

Now, I like dogs.  I do. 

But here's my question:  Who decided that it was OK to bring your dog everywhere?  When did that become just fine? What happened to commercial public health and hygiene certificates? Businesses were required to have one and display it. One of the clauses was 'absolutely no animals on the premises.' You could get your business license pulled. One cockroach is all it took, let alone someone's Standard damn Poodle.

Bring on the service dogs. They're heroes.   No, what I don't like is when you're sipping your oatmeal stout and someone's Bernese Mountain Dog lifts his leg against the corner of the bar and nobody acts like it's a problem. I don't like going into a grocery store all full of dogs sniffing each other's butts and dragging around loaves of bread, and I don't like wondering 'Is this brown smear on the floor human or canine?'

Bellingham is the official capitol of 'Love Me, Love My Dog Using Your Premises Like A Toilet.'  Dear visitor, do NOT under any circumstances, buy or touch anything in this town that is stocked below knee level, in any store. Any. Store.  I mean it. This goes particularly for the Food Co-Op and Trader Joes.  

What the fuck is it about Trader Joes? I mean, look what I found:



Y'alluns over in the UK might remember this one. Or not. Maybe you were all high and shit.   Moment dog tied to trolley urinates at Trader Joe's | Metro News  


 Clearly it's the dog owners who are the problem. Pity it's against the law to smash their heads against the curb, because this is a problem that demands a human head be smashed against a curb. At first I was going to say 'rub their noses in what their dog did' but you risk offending the dog. 

Thing is, here in Bellingham, it's not just dogs. It's also miniature horses; I kid thee not, cats, medium sized pigs, rats, goats, ferrets, chickens, snakes, rabbits, possums, raccoons, parrots, wolves, mice, hamsters, coyotes, guinea pigs and lizards.  

This is not cool. I am not impressed. I do not want to stand behind you in the checkout line and watch your obese shoulder rat take a shit down your back.  There is no reason in the world that you need to bring a goddamn lizard into Discount Tires. It's not an emotional support animal. It's a fucking lizard. Nobody thinks you're cool. They think you're the type of person who identifies as wolf-kin, has a hundred stickers on their car, and is too chickenshit to get a tattoo.

 Yeah I chose the California plate on purpose. I'm from the PNW. We're required by law to rank on the Golden State. 

And another thing. Ducks do not belong in a credit union, and ducks do not need shoes. Yet duck shoes are a thing.   And naturally, you can buy them at WalMart. FAIOIN Waterproof Lightweight Pet Duck Shoes Casual Walking Booties Footwear for Small Ducks Gooses Outdoor Duck Booties - Walmart.com

Duck shoes. Shoes for a duck. With sizes. For duck feet.  Plus the duck was wearing a duck diaper. It was a pink duck diaper with flowers on it. This is Petit Trianon - level dorkage and I will not stand for it. This is exactly the kind of person who's going to claim 'This is my emotional support animal!" and they're going to need all it's duckly powers of support if I catch them in my credit union again because I plan to unleash the gospel of the Elder Gods on that B.S.

This is my emotional support animal. Now make your case, duck-shoer.

12 comments:

  1. Oh! I am so with you on that one. Animals need to be chained up - whining or whatever - outside any shop or cafe or other venue where human beings who actually care about hygiene care to go. I'm not a "Germ-Free Adolescent", but nevertheless I have standards. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANIMALS DO NOT BELONG IN SHOPS, CAFES, RESTAURANTS or any place where food is sold or served. In fact, leave your-service animals at home, you shameless, entitled asswipes! Oh, yeah, I totally agree with this post, sweetpea! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savannah: Now, a genuine service animal I have no problem with. But this 'emotional support animal' crapola is just...like how in the name of 'I live in my parents basement' did you come to recognize that the Marine Iguana was your special, special source of emotional support? Gimme a break Comic Book Man. Buy a freakin' teddy bear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No brains, no manners. But I need "emotional support" when I go to the grocery store??

    I wonder sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had this garbage come up in my feed. https://www.facebook.com/happygardensFB/photos/a.425491137886131/1710447129390519/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dinahmow: This is a sign of the End Times. I say that as a person who dug up a rhododendron and gave it a quick ride around my garden to rejuvenate it (this is something all the old people in my neighborhood growing up did, so hey.) Did it work? Maybe. Maybe not. I sure in the heck did not take it to Dairy Queen for a burger, though. I HAVE STANDARDS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone should leave their dogs at home! I mean who else is going to look after their kids when they're out?

    My dog stays home - he's too much of a liability to take anywhere other than a field or a woodland!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my dog like he is flesh and blood, and love having him with me as much as possible, but there are places he does not belong and, if I really feel I can't go without him, I don't go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't imagine the embarassment I'd suffer after taking my dog into a shop or somesuch (even if it were allowed over here). He'd be tripping people up, chewing/eating everything within reach, and shitting down the fruit & veg aisle. Absolutely not!

    Duck shoes and diapers sounds very much like animal cruelty, to me.


    P.S. Lovely to see you back, Ms Nations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man I am so glad to see you’re still about,
    I couldn’t remember what your blog was called or anything for a bit and I was like oh no what do but then I remembered!

    I am apparently in the minority here btw, if a dog is well behaved then I don’t mind them being in the pub or hairdressers at the same time as me, but I don’t see them in like Tescos or restaurants and shit in the UK. Like there has to be a sign, and people seem to stick to it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, yeah, well behaved dogs in pubs are okay, although I always feel a bit sorry for them as they must get ever so embarassed when their humans get absolutely slaughtered and make a tit of themselves.
    Generally over here, dogs (and all other animals) aren't allowed in public buildings, or buildings open to the public. Except for guide dogs, of course. I can't remember the last time I actually saw a sign anywhere, but I think it's been the case for so long now that perhaps the signs aren't needed? Besides, I suspect most people just want to get in, get what they want, and get out without having the added hassle of wondering if their dog's eating a toddler in the next aisle, or shitting in the self-serve weighing scale thingies.

    ReplyDelete