Sunday, January 17, 2021

Distracted By Leprosy

 I have not been around lately, I know.  I got distracted by leprosy.

Specifically the role that lepers played in medieval life, the Cathedral of Autun, the East entrance of the Cathedral of Autun, the West Entrance of the Cathedral of Autun, the patron saint of TCOA who is St. Lazarus the leper, Gislebertus the stonemason and artist responsible for all the fantastic weirdery of TCOA, medieval Catholic dogma, Ad Orientum, and how much masonry can a stonemason mase if a stonemason could mase masonry - and he could.  Like a boss.

Shit's been wild around here, people.  The cabana boys have hidden on the roof and I have to throw them their pizza deliveries like frisbees.  The guests had a 'creamed corn' orgy in the Comments Lounge and now I have to call ServPro. Will whoever keeps feeding these people Adderal please just stop?  I'm not asking you to come forward, I'm not naming names or pointing fingers, Savannah.  Just stop.  Rancho FirstNations is a (last) resort, not a tarp-lined pit in Sturgis, OK? WHATS WITH THE CREAMED CORN WHY GOD WHY

________________________________

Pet Teenager checks in from Las Vegas to tell me that life in Sin City has been enlightening.  She has her first full time adult job, working for A Place, and is the youngest person on staff.  She is being introduced to the strange rituals and inner workings of Employee Culture 101, and it is messing with her something fierce, but in a good way, because it's ridiculous.  

Apparently there is a Poop Mystery.  Everyone on staff, and it's a large group of people, is utterly invested in the Poop Mystery.  At the heart of the Poop Mystery is a mysterious Pooper, who regularly (you can say that much for him/her) misuses the wastebasket in the shared bathroom.  A watch has been mounted on the door of the bathroom.  Every time someone goes in, does what they have to and then leaves, another person darts in and takes a look around, checking for Wastebasket Misuse.  It has gotten so stupid that people are going to the bathroom in groups now, and different factions have sprung up as to the gender, ethnicity and motives of the Mystery Pooper.  People at lunch are sitting huddled in their respective groups and all they can talk about is the Poop Mystery, and glare at all the other groups in mistrust.

Pet Teenager is absolutely in hysterics about this.  I had to tell her, life in the work world really is like an episode of The Office.

_________________________________

I have been on a solid Z Nation binge.  I took it up a few months ago, and then laid it down to work on my Portland project and get some reading done.  I took it back up again three nights ago, and I am not sorry. Ten K is my man!  Roberta can lead me anywhere. Citizen Z has your back. Never bet on The Murphy.   Yes, the story starts heading sideways in season three, and season four is really trying to find it's legs (sorry), but I am there and in it to win it. If you have not seen Z Nation, let yourself get hooked.  It is entirely worth it.  Even the one-shots and the incidental characters are awesome.  I don't know where they found these people, but keep on finding them, Z Nation.  Give that casting director a RAISE.  

And remember, head shots, people.  Don't waste ammunition.  Puppies and kittens.

10 comments:

  1. I was also addicted to Z Nation, but I gave up on the last season. Shame. Have you seen Black Summer? It's the prequel to Z Nation and is seriously good.
    Sx

    Blimey - A poop mystery! Please let us know who the culprit is if they ever find out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "life in the work world really is like an episode of The Office" - or kindergarten. shit in the wastebasket? BITCH PLEASE! that person needs to be fired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love a good poop mystery. I used to particularly enjoy emails from the Facilities Team (when we were actually allowed to set foot in a workplace; I haven't been in the office for TEN MONTHS now) explaining in great detail about nasty smearing up the cubicle walls, or used sanitaries dropped in inappropriate places, that always ended with "and the culprit will be caught!" Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to be different, the last time I was in the office - the same ten months ago as Jon (but not the same office) - our toilet mystery wasn't poo related, and the mystery actually made it into the toilet bowl. It was a ham sandwich (sometimes with mustard).
    Not every day, but at least once a week once could find a ham sandwich floating in the bog. The poor thing never even had a chance to turn into poo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms. Scarlet: I've read about the prequel series, but to tell the truth, I'm Z'd out. I can understand why you gave up after season 4, though. They really got off track. There's a few good episodes in season Five, but mostly it's just rhetoric and carnage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jon: "...and the culprit will be caught!" And then what? I say make the punishment fit the crime. If you're gonna act like a dog, you get your nose rubbed in it. Or it gets hung around your neck. Gosh...I shoulda gone into Human Resources. I'da done great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inexplicable DeVice: That, sir, is a new one. I wonder what the story was behind that outburst? It's still cracking me up, too, because it's so random. With or without mustard. Were they suicidal? Was it the work of a Ham Kevorkian 'right to die' sandwich activist?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poop mysteries are just ONE of many reasons why I choose to work from home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a spoon mystery at my workplace that the whole company was hooked on for like three weeks before one of the facilities staff stepped in and told us to stop taking the piss. It was the best. Working in an office is a bit like being in a cult sometimes, I hope Pet Teenager is learning a lot.

    -NoShit

    ReplyDelete