Friday, August 4, 2023

Side Effects

 The thing is, I suddenly have a case of nerve entrapment in my right leg.  It BLOWS.  Imagine having a really bad sunburn.  OK.  Now imagine that same sensation, only inside your muscle tissue.  That is the jolly, wacky fun of Nerve Entrapment.

I'm like 'The fuck.'  Where did I even get this from? I'm special and this is some undeserved bullshit.'

Anyway, they gave me Gabapentin for it.

Not necessarily relevant to this story.    

Now Gabapentin is just fine.  It works - always a good thing - and it mellows you out - always a good thing.  But when you start out, the stuff hits your system BOOM and you literally reel, like in actual circle, which is something I always thought was a figure of speech. 

It is not.

Gabapentin, when you first start taking it, has no mercy.  Ten minutes in, your legs just fail you in mid-step, and you need to grab for a pool boy and steady yourself.  And this is a novel sensation.  It's not at all unpleasant.  It's just that you can't chuck a Gabapentin down and then go sit behind the wheel of a car and drive. Or do much of anything, like use the stove, or a chair, unless you've planned out your handholds and angle of attack beforehand, just in case you go full Jello-mode. Fortunately, these spells pass quickly, but damn.  

So that's where I've been. Deal with it.

_____________________________________

THIS GUY HAS A DOOR IN HIS ASS 

This man has a door in his ass.    

I tried to run the inscription around the rim of this plate though Google Translate but all I come up with is "Because of that through my sack a lot of gelt com I crept up der om worde ick van al de wellt int called" which tells us nothing. 

"I had gold, his butt was open - inside I crawled, and now it's croakin'?"

That's what I want it to say.

______________________________________________

Oh lord.  So I was at WinCo, which is basically Wal-Mart for groceries.  Winco is where all the funny-looking people shop, and so I am among my peers, sporting my armadillo t-shirt and yoga pants, doing my shopping, humming a little tune.    

 I'm in the produce section bagging up my raw parsley and cilantro and wheeling off to go find the green onions when a small girl comes up to me and says 'Excuse me.  That's our basket.'

Yeah.  I grabbed some poor woman's cart full of tamarind and mangoes and plantain and kohlrabi and yams, dude, and completely failed to notice that fact.  

Instead of grabbing the handle and scuttling off, cackling in glee, I apologized and gave the woman back her produce.  Now that I have the advantage of hindsight, I should have done the former.  It would have been more fun than apologizing.  I would have had kohlrabi, too.

Get me some kohlrabi my good man and make sure it has a pleasant expression on its face.    

That kind of thing is happening way too often lately.  I'm getting eccentric whether I like it or not. I prefer to be in charge of my personal eccentricity.  Now I have eccentricity thrust upon me.  

Hooray.  

_______________________________________

I NEED TO GO DO SOME CRIMES


I just do.  Think of some for me. 



11 comments:

  1. That last picture....I was just wondering the other day whatever became of the McGuire Sisters.

    And that plate? My bottom hurts just looking at it. Pass the Gabapentin......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an insanely large giant with an actual portal-type door in his butt that can fit at least six regular-sized people on their hands and knees. I should think you're safe from a similar fate, Mads. God I hope so.

      Delete
  2. I had that in my knee area - felt like it was burning, and it always felt that my jeans were brushing against a grazed kneecap. And once it felt like liquid running down my calf - but there was nothing there. Pain with no visible clues. The doctor was nonplussed.
    Over time I realised it flared up depending on my footwear. Surprisingly I'm fine with wellies, but the pain comes back if I wear high-top Converse boots. I thought it was because they have no heel, but I think it's to do with the laces tied around my ankle, as I'm okay with low-tops.
    Anyhow, look to your feet!!
    Sx
    P.S - I have moved back to blogger www.wonky-words.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's it exactly! I recognize all the symtoms, including the weird water thing. Yikes!

      Delete
  3. Shoplifting's a usual "go-to" crime for confused old biddies, isn't it? Just make sure if you're going to do it, do it in Gucci or Louis Vuitton, not Wal-Mart. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to go braless and make a blitz attack on Hot Topic! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

      Delete
  4. That creepy "back door entry" painting made me think of the Pied Piper, but sprinkling jelly beans to attract the people.

    I think I need more coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they hand out gaba for just about anything. I have it for my restless leg syndrome, they cat gave it to my cat because he was such a vicious shit and demanded I dose him up with it before I brought him in, my niece gets it for problems with her ladybits (I made her promise not to be any more specific than that,) and whenever I mention it to seemingly anyone, they have a story about why THEY'RE taking it.

    I never noticed any impairment from it, but I'm an old pill junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your description of NE sounds exactly what my gout feels like when it flairs up...an internal sunburn for which there is no relief. I started getting it so often that I now take Allopurinal daily to keep it at bay. I am so sorry you're experiencing this.

    ReplyDelete