Sunday, December 31, 2023

Mozart Hippopotamus nominates Ten Finger Farmer 3000

 You know what, I don't have any better idea than you do. Here's to ya:


All of you, my darlings, will never truly know how important you have been to me this past year.  You've been wonderful!  Even if you prefer to lurk (HI SOPHIE!) I know you're out there, because I've embedded a Txl4 virus in the 'reply' box    because I can hear you giggling behind my shower curtain   I forgot where I was going with this.  But thank you for stopping by nonetheless. I appreciate each one of you and the things you have to say.  Reading your blogs is a bright spot in my day, even if I don't always comment. I'm just as freaked out by the Tx14 comment virus as you are   Some days the clams won't let me   

Did I keep my last New Years resolution?  Yes. I resolved to read The Classics, and I did. A good many of them, in fact. My takeaway is this:  

1. Thomas Hardy is a little over-represented.  

2. A lot of ancient Greeks and Romans are only famous because nobody thought to use certain scrolls as toilet paper. 

This year's resolution?  I'm thinking I would like to have a side hustle. A little something that brings in cash.  This will take some creative thinking, but that's what resolutions are all about - masochism  hiding from the robot airships  broadening one's horizons.  I mean at the very least.  So here's to me putting this out there!

Gratuitous drag king-age    


  And here's to you! Here's me hoping you all have an astounding 2024, you wonderful people!  My wish is that the light you shine comes back to you tenfold and the good you do comes back ten times more.  Here's to you all, heroes every one!



       



14 comments:

  1. Free side hustle idea for you: Umbrellas/parasols with grass/asphalt print on them so that when the robot airships fly overhead, all they see is the ground. You're welcome.

    Thank you for THE BEST post titles ever! And Happy New Year!

    P.S. Your shower curtain could do with changing as it's looking a little mildewy at the bottom. Too many people in the shower too often, methinks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNEW IT. There you were in my shower dammit. You know what, just change out the curtain for me while you're in there. Just throw the old one away. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I promise I shall hide from every robot airship I see. Apparently they anally probe you!

    Happy New Year, sweetie!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Gods, the drag kings are giving me No Mercy...with there song Please Don't Go.

    Happy New Year me dear. I just came out of my drunk hole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last year my New Year's Resolution was to "Not Die." and since I was successful, I think I'll make it this year's resolution as well, though this year might be harder because I'm ready to fight! Who are we fighting? Dunno, Right Wing Robots, maybe? Sure! Kapow!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, see my recent post about evading surveillance cameras!

      Delete
    2. We shall fight them in the fields! We shall fight them on the seas! Get that Supersoaker loaded! Man the microwaves!

      Delete
  5. Just catching up with you now. I and didn't realize how far behind I was.
    Happy New year and thank you for your bonkers blog and the happy journeys of googling and You-Tubeing it has sent me on.

    ReplyDelete