Friday, May 12, 2023

Cry all you want

 I am conflicted.  Seriously conflicted.


My queen of queens has been Shangela from the very first.  Mr. Pierce is a professional head to toe.  Now there's been an accusation of rape by one of the assistants from the show 'We're Here'.

I am way, way out of my lane when it comes to that world.  All I'm going to say is that I hope this turns out to be the shakedown that Shangela claims it is.  Shangela; no, I don't see it.  I just don't

Then again, I never saw Bill Cosby.

I'm always left wondering why someone with the world at their feet chooses the stupid option.  It's there for the taking - or buying, hell, you can purchase a scene as freaky as you like, and if it includes danger that can happen. In privacy. Out of sight of the public.  Yet time and time again otherwise sharp, professional people get caught doing backwoods shit that just makes you wonder how hard they secretly wanted to get caught. Like Hugh Grant. He had Elizabeth Hurley at his beck and call, yet he's busted getting a blowjob just off Sunset Strip from a trashy skank with the word 'Pancake' tattooed on her ankle.  The man can't have been so innocent that he didn't know about paparazzi, or the sheer inadvisability of roadside blowjobs on the most notorious stroll in America.

What do you think?


10 comments:

  1. Maybe with Hugh it was an itch that he couldn't resist scratching? With someone like Prince Andrew - I reckon he believed he had the power to get away with whatever he liked.
    I don't know, mate, but it seems everyone is full of surprises - good and bad.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, with Hugh I think cocaine was a large part of it, or very possibly meth. Meth was booming then, and it's a very sexual drug. Andrew - well, ya kinda expect that kind of thing from the royals. That doesn't make it right, just...anticipated. *being american really hard*

      Delete
  2. Well...knowing many, many, drag queens, and know other drag queens from the drag queens I know, from what I hear about Shangela, my gut says it is a shake down. I have never heard a bad thing about her...other than she outperforms other queens on the stage!!! I'd say no...but then, when the whole thing with Sherry Pie came out...I choked on my eclair and needed my smelling salts lambchop!!!! That ended the future of one talented queen and got her kicked off dragrace that season. She is still blackballed, girl, from some clubs in NYC. But sometimes you think you know someone, and one never knows. Of course, we are also talking about gay men. And they can be fucking vicious cunts. It could be a case where maybe he had interests in Shangela and Shangela rebuffed them, and now the accuser was pissed, and this is pay back. To my knowledge the production company and HBO did investigations and no sufficient evidence has been found or proven yet. If any queen should gets accused of rape it should be Lady Bunny.... that bitch loves her cock!!!!!! And I say that with love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a name like Lady 'BUNNY' geeze, ya think so? (love to LB, I love your drag!) See, we agree. To me it sounds like two sloppy drunk people having a lousy time - and then Annie cries 'Wolf' because dollars. I'll take a stand and say Shangela is too professional and savvy to make a rookie mistake like that. ADORE her.

      Delete
  3. I don't know anything about this particular case being mentioned, but I can empathize. It broke my world when Sherman Alexie was accused of rape and sexual assault. I've known him since I was 14, our paths crossed every 6-8 years over the years being creatures of a similar nature. I supported his writing as a fellow writer, as a fellow outcast from Spokane and as someone who has a soft spot for my indigenous peeps. All that shattered during the #Metoo movement.

    I carefully read what info I could find on the allegations and at the end of the day if I had to declare my support for one or the others I would have to stand behind my indigenous sisters. I know he was never a saint, but he carried the hope and pride of many people on and off the rez, it's too much for one person to carry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't known about that until just now. That stuns me. I'd put him on such a pedestal. I felt proud because everyone thinks NWN's are stupid, right? And here he was, an overachiever by anyone's books. Shit. I still think that you're very fortunate to know him. That's what sucks about heroes. They all fall short of the glory.

      Delete
    2. ..Proxima: My comments on your blog aren't showing up. I blame France.

      Delete
    3. I'm sorry to be the unfortunate bearer of news. There are some rising young film directors that I'm hopeful will do great things though, like Ryan Abrahamson.

      https://www.opb.org/article/2022/08/28/salish-language-short-film-spokane-tribe-washington/

      Delete
    4. I check to see if you got marked as spam or something. I haven't done anything with settings.

      Delete
    5. Oh don't worry. It's France. France has been messing with me for years. Stupid France.

      Delete