Sunday, July 9, 2023

Everybody Has One And They All Stink

I'm in a damn mood! Do not get in my way. Now I mean it. I am here to tell you some shit and you just pay tension, now. Hand me down my spit can, Louise, I'm too tarnated to get it myself. Yas.    


Dammit, there's been things that have pissed me RIGHT off lately.  Just pissing me RIGHT off!

1. This book:


It's been years since I was so pissed off at a book. I got sucked in by the hype finally, and opened the pages to realize that it was nothing but another fatuous, cringeworthy, trivial piece of chick lit. This book was so bad it doesn't even merit the full force of my ire! Because believe me, I could go on. And ON. 


2. Why is it whenever politics get complicated, the media starts in tripping on the 'UFO secret documents' bullshit? Ever since the Bush administration. Ever notice that? Why is that?  Why?  

There there...just calm down...shhhhh...     

I have watched this narrative grow through the years, from the days of George Adamski and his Nordic Venusians, through the Mystic Space Brother days,  the Wilsonville photo (which was a hubcap with a game piece glued to it thrown into the air like a frisbee) to the Vast Silent Triangle... being debunked, cropping up again, being debunked again, cropping up again, each time with a new detail that gets taken up into the fabric of the lie. Aliens are the Kardashians of politics - they are not real, they are not news, they push other serious issues out of the conversation, and I for one am sick as fuck of the whole non- matter.

...and now that it's been proven conclusively that I don't have a brain implant, I feel free to speak out about this issue!


3. These things:


 



...all up and down Guide Meridian - Highway 539 - from the Blaine Border crossing to Bellingham city limits.  A year ago there were two.  Now there's seven, ever since Roe V. Wade.  

I was crossing at Badger yesterday when this next one one wrenched a loud 'WHAT THE FUCK?!?' out of me. Out came my camera:


Here's a better shot, taken by a local:


Never fear. This is an ironic 'Love my small town' post.  Here's the Tik Tokker who posted it, looking fabulous!  

At first blush I thought "Well what are you going to do, Jim Bob, ask for it back?"  Is this about spooge?  If so, you literally could not have given your DNA away more sincerely!  Law of ownership and donative intent must come into play here; I mean what the actual fuck. (So to speak.)

As it turns out, they're talking about the doctrine of Life At Conception, as can be discovered by looking up their parent organization, National Right to Life, on Wikipedia, and reading the damn article.**

 This is how people who do not understand science and are not capable of understanding science shoot themselves in the foot when they try to use science to back up their religious beliefs. Oh my God I weep for this nation.


Now I am tired of dealing with all this booshwas. Tired is what I get. I get tired. I do.  My feet hurt something fierct. My bloods pressure is done. Look at my legs how swole up they get, I get so consternated and my blood pressures so. Reach me down the Tokay, Margie. 
Alla you else go find something to do. 
Pft.




______________________________________
  **These are not people who are real devoted to stating their aims clearly. Try looking up 'Who donates to National Right to Life' and see where that gets you.  They have the internet sewn up tight, don't they?

*** No seriously, look it up, and tell me if you have better luck than I did trying to find out where the money comes from.  Or just look at where the organizations' money goes. THAT's interesting.

...even my footnotes have footnotes.



8 comments:

  1. Does the US of A still call itself "The Land of the Free"?

    Shocking. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have freedom of speech, which I support fully. It's that the idiots are so damn LOUD when they exercise that right.

      Delete
  2. I've been weeping for your country for years. But the folks I've met there are 100% good guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dinah, sincerely, thanks for saying that. This is still the Bluest state in the Union - it's this one small, Red corner of the Bluest county in the Bluest state that gives everyone fits! So far, all the Australians I know (you) are super good people too.

      Delete
  3. "Everybody Has One And They All Stink" I was very relived this didn't have to do with the topics of assholes...

    And Hell yes to that sign!!!!! Everyone stay in your own damn lane and stop the fuck worrying who is bangin who,,,and who's doing what with their bodies!!!!! Kudo to your town to place the sign!!!

    And town folk wonder why my gin intake has doubled. Now lambchop, I got a nice happy hour for you over at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bill boards would drive me nuts as well - for the obvious reasons - and also because they are a crime against aesthetics. Please remember that I am very shallow.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete