Wednesday, June 17, 2020

HALP! My Computer Is Dying!

This may be the last post for awhile, kats and kittens.  My good old HP is going down that long ol' lonesome road.  If any of you are computer boffins, I'll describe what's happening:
 The computer shuts down completely after a certain amount of time has passed - I set it to sleep only, unless there was an update; in which case you don't have a choice anyway. This started up about two months ago right after we got a new provider and a new router.
When I press the power switch, I'll get a couple of seconds of 'press escape for boot screen' and then it goes black again and turns off.
It barely picks up a signal from our new router.  Yes, I've rebooted everything. No soap.
Things load strangely.  I'll go straight into a site I usually have to sign into, for example, and be able to work there.
It's slower than molasses.
I have synched everything to the Cloud, so I can hopefully regain that stuff.
I have a new file called 'Camera Roll' that I don't remember putting in there.  I can't delete it either. When I did my last system image that file wouldn't load.
Strange things are afoot.
Just like this.  All footy and stuff.  

What I'm going to do is jump out and buy a new laptop.  Hopefully I won't have to go through a bunch of bullshit with crapware - let a girl dream.  Anyway, off I go, bitching into the sunset with my debit card and my dreams.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Agh. Best wishes for that, darling. I have avoided all that worrying decision making by having Macs all these years, so all I have to decide is how much memory and how big a screen, and simply given my life savings every ten years. I trust your trusty machine will last until you get the new one set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came thisclose to going with a Mac, but I'm scared my stuff won't cross the abyss into Mac format. They say it's not an issue. But it's me, so yeah, there'd be an issue!

    ReplyDelete