Friday, August 28, 2020

Gotta Say No Way Jose'

 So I'm going to be telling Pet Teenager that I won't be teaching her to drive -  at least, not in Bellingham.  This is not going to be an easy thing to do, but I have to make it clear to her that someone 'on the spectrum' who does not tolerate random motion, excess, or stress, well is not the person to teach her to drive in a busy college city with streets that were laid out by pioneer crackheads.

There's a lot of things going on in this kids' life that I don't like or approve of.  I've been able to keep my nose out of it, and just be a good neighbor and a helpful adult.  That's what I'm doing now, but it's hard.  Really hard.  Doing the responsible thing is doing the right thing.  DAMMIT I WANT AN AWARD.

-So.  I just did that thing.  And she took it well.  And that's good.  In fact that's really good.  Whaddya know?  I did a socially awkward thing that went off correctly!  And I didn't even have to set anything on fire!  GO ME!!!!!!  




2 comments: