Saturday, September 12, 2020

Drag Queens Built My Drag Car

 Well, not really, but I wish they had.  They would have done a way better job with the interior.  The upholstery was a ghastly patchwork-tweed-1970 Terra Cotta brown...pattern...situation, and it had cat box-tan vinyl interior panels set off with cat crap brown trim and plastic chrome piping.

So I sold it three days ago.  Got it out of my life.  Yes, the Chevrolet El Camino 'Bone of Contention Mach 0' is gone from my life forever leaving me a few grand in hand, thank you.  I put that in the bank and went right back out and you know what I bought?

A recliner.

Best move I've made in a long time.  I should have done this years ago.  I can stretch out at my ease and binge on 'Star Trek Enterprise' and Scott Bacula's chest hair, and then, by God, rise and stand upright without making that 'old people' noise.  Yep, I found an easy chair that doesn't look like a Clydesdale turd, that matches my furniture, and got it On Sale, too, because I am just that good.

Today I am not allowed to go outside because the air quality level is at the 'danger' level.  I haven't seen that warning since I was a little kid.  It's because just south of here in Oregon, the Cascade Range is on fire. The view from space shows a line of bright red all the way from border to border. I live hundreds of miles away, but I'm looking outside right now and the sky is a strange lurid yellow.  I can't make out the houses two blocks away.  There's a southerly wind blowing, and what was just a faint haze yesterday is absolutely dystopian today.

I've had asthma since 1966.  (The doctors then told my parents I was just doing it for attention and that I'd outgrow it.  Apparently I still need my parents attention, dead lo these many years, and I'm still waiting to outgrow the shit.) I pay a lot of attention to those air quality warnings. No gardening today. No, today I'm gonna sit in my recliner and watch Star Trek and drink a Bloody Mary or five.


3 comments:

  1. Does the recliner get good mileage? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far so good. I haven't taken it to Bonneville yet, but once I get that time slip I'm sure it'll increase in value!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A recliner - I need on of those! I make a huge effort to get off the sofa without making the old person noise - so much concentration on this that I forget where it hurts.
    Stay safe, sweetie.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete