Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Quaint Vignettes From My Charming Rural Idyll

 Pet Teenager passed her drivers' test in one try!  HOORAY FOR PET TEENAGER!!  

You know how many tries it took me to get my shit together? Seven.  Seven tries.  After you bork the first three tests they make you wait six months before you take the next one. (This was back in the day.)  I do not test well, being on the spectrum, and a stranger in my car marking off my mistakes was enough to throw me way off my stride, so yeah, seven fuckin' tries.  Didn't stop me from driving, of course.  I was the worlds' safest driver for four years there, no license, no nothing.  Just a state I.D. Had my own business cleaning up rental properties, so I was driving truck, too. I could go into a house where there were so many used syringes on the property I filled a goddamn garbage bag full of them, no problem, earning cash.  Sit next to the soul-dead DMV clone with his little checklist? Nope.  Could not deal. But I did eventually. And the statute of limitations has run out on that shit so yeah.  But I taught this kid how to drive!  And she nailed it, first try!  PET TEENAGER IS EXCELLENT!

_________________________

We found out yesterday that they're planning to shut down The Bikers place of business in a little more than a year.  DO NOT PANIC. We own our own home.  We owe no debt (except for the $84.00 hedge trimmer I bought yesterday. I got it. It's cool.) All our vehicles are paid for and we have substantial financial cushioning.  But it was a shock.  This is part of the new normal.  The Biker works in aerospace, and they are undergoing massive changes worldwide. The Biker?  Will find himself some Joe job someplace eventually. He plans to drop in the traces, die with his boots on, go down fighting etc.  Which is just as well because I dealt with his ass day in and day out for two solid years back about 15 years ago and folks, never fuckin' again. Do not be sitting in my living room every day.  A bitch needs her space.  Got to have my solitude.

_______________________

The weather has cooled down, so me and my respiratory issues went outside in Downtown Tokyo air conditions and did a major fall clean up on the garden today.  I cannot tell you how good it was to work outside, really get in there and work, plan for next year, and do that shit.  When you do what you were made to do, born to do, it gives you life.  So screw you, shitty air quality.  This old ho' is whackin' weeds.

____________________________________________

I just got done watching a solid binge block, the entire 'Star Trek: Enterprise' series.  Four solid seasons, one right after the other. I mean I watched other stuff too, but I got in my three or four (or more...yeah, shit) eps a day.  It was FANTASTIC. I was absolutely pleased as all get-out.  There were a few average eps, but not a single shitty one. 

They did a great job making the pre- NCC-1701 technology look dangerous and substandard compared to TOS (even though you could totally tell they went to IKEA for a lot of the set details. No, I do not kid.  I am serious as a heart attack.  The X1 has IKEA elements in the set.)  Captain Jonathan Archer was a fantastic commander. The only thing that made me laugh was T'pau's amazing shrinking assets.  The first season and a half? That chick had gazongas and an apple bottom for the GODS. You could see the outline of the padded undergarment beneath her form-fitting uniform.  Season three and four, those secondary sexual attributes began to ever so slightly shrink, until she was no longer an unobtainably, sexy as hell Barbie Playboy Centerfold Vulcan-ess, to a 're-think the collagen injections in the lips hon' just folks, average, unobtainable, sexy as hell Vulcan-ess.  The surprise character standout was Dr. Phlox. I expected to hate that cheerful weirdo, but ended up really liking what he brought to the mix.

Anywho that's it for today, kats and kittens.  I gotta make a Bloody Mary and go supervise the Biker. He's out in the garage playing with power tools.  Yeah, I'm gonna get in on that, babies.  So lay ta!


4 comments:

  1. So far the only plus to losing my job, is it's giving me time to explore and do other things for now... before I settle down and go looking again. Besides...Im waiting to see how the autumn and winter pan out with this shit.

    I have been living outdoors all summer....I may have used my air, maybe 3 times since June. Im a hot house flower, what can I tell ya sugarplum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Met my new director and so far I get to okay to work from home. Air quality, smoke quality. I am working in the yard today too. I also got a cord and 1/2 of fire wood I have to move. Its my new exercise plan. I missed you dear and so glad I found you. You weren't lost just misplaced.

    ReplyDelete