Saturday, December 12, 2020

Pigeons On The Roof! Pigeons On The Roof!*

Good Heavens, I must send out for more champagne and canapes!  The guests are beginning to throw the cabana boys into the pool!

________________________________ 

Reuters reports that White House chief of Staff Mark Douglas urged the FDA head Steven Hahn to approve the new Pfizer covid vaccine by Friday (yesterday) and quipped "he should prepare to resign if not."  Smell something?

There's also a link in the article here at the FDA site about the covid vaccine:   https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine

You can scroll down the article to find the links to the various handouts they'll be providing to health care workers, the public, etc.  I urge you to read the FDA article and the handouts.

Folks, make up your own minds. 

Me, I'm going to wait.  Of course I have the luxury of waiting so that's easy for me to say.  I live in the country, and I've already had covid.  So has my husband.  This first course of inoculations is going out to health care providers and people in long term health care facilities.  I'd be making a different decision if I were in that position, I know.  But at 60, with a long-term respiratory condition, I'll wait until something less 'hurried onto the stage' comes along.

_______________________________________

Thank you all for putting up with my petty household disasters.  I get cranked up easily when things break, or don't work right - yeah, I'm the lady who asks to speak with the manager and writes letters of complaint and returns food to the kitchen and calls customer services a lot.  Not in an entitled, Karen kind of way, but because I expect new things to work.  That's not unreasonable.  What's unreasonable is the way it enrages me - I know, I know.  Shit happens.  Mistakes occur.  At least I don't cause public scenes and berate waiters and take shit out on people who have no responsibility for the thing; I've seen that and been on the other side of that, and it's not cool.

This is not to say that Samsung did not get a couple of scathing emails from me last night.  I might have mentioned 'poor design', 'pirated technology', and 'chimps'.  You want feedback?  You'll GET feedback from me. Even if you vet your comments, I'll find a way around it. 

Now catch me at home and yeah, I freak right the fuck out when something I've owned suddenly croaks. If I'm at home and my 20 year old washer/dryer suddenly stops working I lose my shit, because I LOVED YOU WASHER/DRYER YOU WERE MY HELPER WHY GOD WHY and I cry and flail.  I think this is the legacy of having been raised by Great Depression Babies. -fine, and I'm really clumsy.  If you're a lawnmower, you do not want to be owned by me.  Same goes for power drills.  I might want to be a robot, but the robots probably won't have me, I've killed so many of their mechanical kin.  The trail of rusty corpses in my wake is long and very greasy, arrrrgh.

_______________________________

In case you were wondering, we are now settled in happily watching our new Visio television.  The return went smooth as silk, thanks to The Bejewelled Biker!  We had it set up and running in the time it took us to find the sign-in site for Samsung online last night!

____________________________

*This is what we used to yell when someone was railing up in the back room and only wanted to share with a select few.  Yes, the party never stops here at the Rancho!



8 comments:

  1. I am pretty carful about masking and distancing, but to ensure people stay away I loaded up on beans and jalapeƱo peppers, and cauliflower before leaving the house..... but my friend are quick to point out with my gin and other liquor intake, nothing invades my body. Hell, the last flies at the beach or mosquitos that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford. I haven't been sick in years either except maybe a little cold...I'll probably live to be 110.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite low on the list for the Covid vaccination, and kind of pleased I have to wait.
    Meanwhile, I too vent when things don't work as they should - and get upset when I have to replace a long time helper. Dreading my fridge freezer packing up - he's knocking on 21 years.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. healthcare workers, first responders, nursing homes first. I can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a Vizio... 55". Great picture! Picked mine up at Costco. No issue with it whatsoever.

    I am trying to get the vaccine, because of where I work, and my age. Here in Canada, people who had covid will still get vaccinated (eventually) because immunity from having the disease seems to be short in some people. We figure everyone who wants a vaccine in Canada will be able to get it by the end of 2021. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mistress Maddie: So THAT's what I've been smelling! Imma buy you some asbestos uns for Crimmus, B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms. Scarlet: I feel the same way about my faithful, geriatric stove.

    ReplyDelete
  7. anne marie in philly: I hear ya. The threat of GIR alone is enough to freak me out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ponita: I was thinking about you when I wrote this. This is where you thank whatever God you own that you live in Canada. You stay safe too. XXOO

    ReplyDelete