Saturday, April 22, 2023

The Human Chair!

 

Best Japanese Metal band out there.  Best Japanese dead bassist, too.      

One of my all-time favorite metal bands is Human Chair, aka Ningen Isu. These guys can play.

OH GOD I HATE WHEN SHE DOES THESE MUSIC POSTS I NEVER LOOK AT THE VIDEOS ANYWAY 

Now that we've gotten that out of the way. 

Ningen Isu want to spend the rest of their lives licking the toes of James Hetfield. Listen to 'Enter Sandman' and then listen to these guys (which you won't) and tell me I'm wrong. 

The very, very best thing about this video that you'll watch maybe three seconds of?

THE SUBTITLES. Oh please, do yourselves the favor of turning on those subtitles. It is DELICIOUS.

https://youtu.be/CbI79e5iZKs


There it is. Copy and paste. Apparently, this content is way too radical to embed.  

Now I know that was painful for you.  Awesome-music-denial usually turns around and bites the denier, making their lives just that bit more empty and wretched, and that's the cross you've chosen to bear.  Just thank God I didn't post this:

It really wasn't made by Ed Gein. Ew. It was made by an Aussie special effects artist named Kayla Arena working with Butterfly FX Studios.  Don't enlarge it.   
______________________

This afternoon we were visited by the Whatcom County Sheriff's office!  Three armored cars, a firetruck, a huge drone flying overhead, and cops in full riot gear carrying flash-bangs, tac gear, and oh yeah, fuckin' assault rifles. Right out here in our parking lot.  One cop has been shouting 'We have a warrant for your arrest, *full name, full address* come out with your hands up and surrender' through a bullhorn for 45 minutes. 

I am given to understand this is standard operating procedure here in Bellingham, no matter where you live. Bellingham has grown up. Damn shame.

_______________________________ 

In other apartment news, our upstairsie has been pretty quiet since we called the police on her boyfriend some months past.  He tried to kill her, and we thought 'That's kind of drastic' so we dimed the fucker, and there was peace in the valley. Little birds tweeting. Nice.

Until recently.

Yes, she's found a new boyfriend. He sounds like a winner too.  A loud, clomping, hee-hawing son of Kentucky that I've named Shithouse Rhymes, because he likes to stand in the bathroom upstairs every morning and RAP. 

Downstairs it's Hendrix. Upstairs, it's 8 Mile.      

He is absolutely admiring himself in the mirror as he does this. I know he is.  He has the place to himself, and he's getting his Mathers on.  He, sadly, is no B Rabbit.  

Dude sounds ah say the dude sounds jest like Foghorn Leghorn. What a world, y'all. 




6 comments:

  1. I didn't get as far as three minutes of Ningen Isu. They look awesome, but thrash metal's never really been my sort of music. Like Country. Or rap. Or police helicopters. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dammit, you accepted the challenge and did your best! And yeah, it's not for everybody. Like police helicopters. XO

      Delete
  2. Whew! Okay, I've been catching up on your previous posts and I love them all! I sure have missed hearing from you, dear! This new blog wallpaper makes me feel slightly less desire to throw a chair about the walls. Speaking of chairs, yes its amazing what FX artists can do! I tried to make a new play dough color Saturday that was really verging on something terrifying, a putrid gray with red bloody splotch but I saved it in the end by making a nice steely blue color instead.

    Thank you for introducing me to this band! I'm surprised I haven't heard of them before being both a Japanophile and Tool fan. The lead singer looks like he should be teaching a class in Literature not fronting a heavy metal band. Ha,ha,ha.

    I sew too. I'm just about done with my son's quilt (version 2.0). It is rustic...apparently I can't sew a straight line no matter how sober I am. I like to think of myself as a fabric hoarding dragon.

    If you have Netflix give Japanese Tales of the Macabe" a try. Just skip the first one, its not good and it's annoying, but the others have been so weird and random we find it hilarious. We are half way through the episodes, there are 12 and they are less than 30mins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Proxima! The Biker and I just saw that come up on our Netflix and have it cued up ready to binge on! Also YAS TOOL. Tool so much. VERY TOOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, Blogger ate my comment! I listened a bit and gave up.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete