Thursday, October 5, 2023

I have a John Cleese T-Shirt

In musical response to a recent post by Jon, here's Robbie Neville looking freshly fucked on Top of the Pops:

You think you're the only one who can C'est la Vie honey? I can C'est La Vie with the best of them.   

 

You know what I see?  I see the love child of Marc Bolan and Peter Frampton here.  OOO, or maybe a Peter Burns 'before' picture?


"Oh my God his poor hair", I thought, upon seeing this for the first time in years. "I bet he's bald now."
 

Speaking of hair donors, remember when the young man below vvv was the sole property of Sir Elton? 


If only Mr. Vanelli had remained in this electropop-bounce groove. Let's give Mr. Vanelli another chance, shall we?

...OK in good conscience I should provide a Warning for the following:

....nah. Suffer.   


 If only this poor melody didn't have lyrics.
________________________________________

OK enough of that.  If you've read this far you deserve a fucking medal a heads up about Things To Come.

 



YOU ARE WARNED     

It being October, and Halloween on it's way, I am declaring Tlacaxipehualiztli here at STEVE.
-OK maybe not that extreme. But possibly just that disturbing. 

I'll start out mild. I'll try and keep it light.

 
But don't count on it bitcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

8 comments:

  1. That clip of the weirdo Robbie Neville is actually from "Top Pop", the Dutch music show filmed in Amsterdam. Methinks he may have spent a little too much time in The Bulldog on Leidseplein sampling the local - ahem - delicacies before that appearance!

    Pete Burns: "I bet he's bald now." Nope. He's dead now.

    As for Gino Vanelli (whoooo?), I have never heard either of those songs, and I hope that remains the case for the rest of my life.

    Never mind Tlacaxipehualiztli, Cthulhu or indeed Cabal vs Theotocopulos - where's the bloody John Cleese t-shirt?! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gino Vanelli was a one-off that Sir Elton tried to make us like back around the Kiki Dee years. I think they had to shave him a face before they sent him out into public! -oh, and the t-shirt? I slept in it last night <3 <3

      Delete
  2. It's an absolute hair holiday here today. And I suppose if you were that cute and willing to get a leg over Sir Elton, you at least deserved a couple of albums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am another excited by the prospect of the John Cleese T-shirt!
    But instead there is some bloke called Vanelli who can't sing. You are a cruel mistress, Ms Nations.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree about the hair. Your hair is like a cat, if you don't show it sufficient respect, it will leave you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mr. Kyknoord! And you're right. Even the Vesuvius of hair that was Gino Vanelli is paying the price. His do these days looks like it's trying to run away from the Eighties and got as far as his ears.

      Delete