Wednesday, May 12, 2021

More Tantalizing Views of My Rural Idyll Thanks To The Boop Stik

 It rained a little last night, and a few flowers opened.

Here are some nice blue columbines backed by the new yellow-green leaves of a blueberry bush.  Yeah, I use blueberry in the garden and this is why.  Yellow in the spring, fruit in the summer and bright psychedelic orange and red in the fall!


This is a view of the bed right in front of my house.  From the right Sambucus niger, blueberry, blue columbines, a couple of roses, some shrubs and trees and shit and my front porch and the roofs of the apartments that were built right titty on our lot line.  Although it does beat the former in havbitants of that lot, the animal hoarders and the chick who would scream at their pear tree at night. Yeah, they burned that place down, put up four fourplexes, which comes to an instant 64 people three feet off the wall of my garage, and bitch, grumble, moan, complain.


Some nice Welsh poppies, the stems of columbine with new flowers ready to open, and a powerline. The rocks there are not bricks - they're naturally occurring basalt needles.  I go up to Mt. Baker and just gather them off the roadside.  Purdy kewl!

A snapdragon that for some odd reason decided to bloom out of season.  I'll take it!  It's a sport of 'Black Prince' that's been jumping around my garden for years, after I stole the seeds out of a public planting in Everson.  That's how I roll.  Arrrrr.  Behind it is rosa 'Coffee Bean', and beyond that the black leaves of 'Palace Purple' heuchera, a few little yellow poppies, and some leaves of daylilly.  OO, and a star magnolia that's all out of stars for this year, and somebodies' house, and the brown square that is the back of our 'Welcome to Sumas!' sign.

I'll have to limit y'all here.  It's a lot of awesome to take in all at one go.









4 comments:

  1. Lambchop, puddin' pie...you ought to be proud of that garden I dare say. It it beautiful!!!! Gardening brings such peace of mind and makes you feel good to bring beauty to all you see it, and get one with nature. You got it girl.

    Columbines are among my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fab! Our Columbines/Aquilegias are also just beginning to flower - but I'm most impressed how your Welsh poppies have taken over! They do much and the same if let loose along cracks in pavements, verges and municipal tree plantings here - but never quite on the scale (height) that yours have. We also grew Snapdragon "Black Prince" at the last place, but I think it got a bit crowded out so was a bit leggy and never gave us a very good show.

    Gardens are a joy - and the season's only just begun! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your garden is awesomesauce! such a riot of color and design and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of awesome. And a lot of shit! You must have been busy spreading that - actually, I remember your post now saying that you were.
    I love it all, but especially the columbines and the snapdragon. I have a "Black Prince" too - it made it through our horrid winter intact, and I'm hoping it'll flower again very soon.

    ReplyDelete