Saturday, May 22, 2021

Thick and Fast

So yeah, more flowers.  They just came into bloom today!


A japanese iris that I took out of my bosses' compost heap back in 1991 or so.  The clump stands taller than I do now.


Depressed Black Kitty visits the Shrine of Geofferey.


Iris pseudacorus, being yellow



An utterly exquisite Iris germanicus 'Interpol'.


rosa 'Celine Brunner'




I'm still trying to get a perfect picture of rosa 'Munstead Wood' and failing. Crap!



A view from my shade bed towards my garage, and the apartments just visible above it - built three feet off the side wall of my garage (grrrr)





Kind of a crappy picture of Sambucus niger.  It's just started to come into blossom, though, so there's that.

It's really coming into bloom now.  Last year I would have been happy, and that would have been it.  This year I have over 60 brand new neighbors who like to gather on the sidewalk right in front of my house and just hang out and chat.  This is not a public park, folks. I'll probably end up getting a fence, which just makes me sad. Back a couple of years ago, when this was still a town that people twenty miles away had never heard of, my garden was kind of a nice thing for people to wander past and see.  Now I've got kids and dogs, and the occasional adult chasing a kid or a dog.  Oh well. Change gonna happen, I guess.

4 comments:

  1. Those Irises are magnificent! We grow the little "Reticulata" ones in pots every year - they're such a joyful flower in the dark, dank early Spring. This time last year we had a lovely show from a pot of Dutch Iris, too. This year, one solitary flower is in bud. We simply don't have enough sunshine for them, I reckon, shaded as our garden is by the sodding weed trees in neighbours' gardens - and of course being restricted to pots means we couldn't grow ones like you have, under any circumstances!

    Rosa 'Munstead Wood' is a truly gorgeous bloom, with a lovely perfume...

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon: I have those too! Mine are the sea-blue ones. Here's hoping you get more sun. Geeze, sleet? Nobody deserves sleet in MAY!

    ReplyDelete