Wednesday, March 10, 2021

I Survived Modern Dentistry 2

 ...that's pretty much it.  I went back and got my permanent crowns put in.  No pain.  No bother.  In, done and gone. That and I saw someone on T.V. who had a pet wombat, and they were having a blast together,  and now I want a pet wombat so I can name him Arthur.   Wombats crap cubes and dig holes, so we'd have a lot in common.

In anticipation of summer, I bought myself one of those portable air conditioners for my bedroom because dammit, I get to have an air conditioner.  I sleep cold, and this business of multiple fans going all night long, all summer long bullshit is played and done; I am 60, I get air conditioning.  FTW.

  Phase 2 is going well here, the town is coming back to life. It's like the weight of the world is off my shoulders.  Just seeing and hearing all the kids going by on their way to and from school, and seeing people in stores and in cars...I mean, traffic.  The sounds of  normal traffic.  It's crazy how great it feels to see things turning around again. Just not having The Orange Thing in office is a load off.  I may even start watching the news again. Not feeling ashamed and embarrassed about who's in charge of my country - and that's such an odd thing to be stressed about, but I really was.  I guess I never realized how deep my patriotism ran until someone pissed all over it.  

But the best thing by far has been getting outside and working in my garden again. The exercises I've been doing REALLY paid off.  I'm able to put in a solid day outside and not stumble in wrecked as I have been every Spring for years - that first week is a killer.  Not this year! Nope!  This year I just crack off a hundred crunches because I'm badass like that, do my weights and stretches and go forth.  I have hacked and I have slashed.  I have whacked weeds and raked twigs.  I have pruned; lo, I have brought the blade unto mine elm and unto my magnolia also did I bring sharp steel, and their limbs fell, and I have brought them unto the place of gathering whereof limbs of old are piled and did pile them.

No complaints here. Nope.




4 comments:

  1. Ooh, this sounds like the start of a very good year - new teeth, comfortable temperature, some semblance of normality, a garden prepared for growing and, maybe, crap cubes if you're very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wombats fight off predators with their arses, and they glow in the dark under UV light! Perfect. Jx

    PS congrats on the teeth, the gardening and the air-con...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love saying the word "wombat". congrats on your town returning to normal. it will be a bit longer round here, as we are still short on vax doses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet mary sunshine, darlin! i'm just happy we got our 2nd dose and were able to celebrate 52 damn years of holy matrimony! *jesus wept* xoxo

    ReplyDelete