Friday, March 19, 2021

YIKES

 So I took off my rose-colored glasses today and realized that Neighborhood Crackhead is more than likely a chimo.  

The guy lives in the apartments that take 'difficult to place' ex-cons.  The address that always comes up on the 'offenders in your area' site.  He's got an ankle bracelet, and fine, that shit happens.  Usually he's dressed kind of hip-hop.

Today he was out in this all-pink 'Dora the Explorer' adult sweatpants outfit, cut off at the knees, with comedy socks and pink super-girly Dora Sketchers.  

His dog was dressed to match. 

I've seen him in this outfit before, and other 'adult sized girly cartoon' pants outfits, and figured fine, the dude has gender messages to send.  He sure isn't the only person in town out repping for their side. Today, though, every single one of my mental red alerts went off as I was talking to him - and he'd just come from copping - and I mentioned how 'springtime' his outfit was, giving him a friendly grin.  Something about how his face clouded up and he spidered in on himself at that moment was too familiar.  Way too familiar. 

So, there's that.  

Now I'm going to be looking out for him for a completely different reason.  I'll still be friendly (I'm not a mind reader after all) and I'll still make over his dog, but I've got a new attitude.  

Christ I hope I'm wrong.  But I don't think so.    

1 comment: